Also known as Centella Asiatica, or Asiatic pennywort, Gotu Kola, or Tyger Herb/Grass, its a type of small plant that can be mainly found in Asia. In skincare products, you will probably see it as Cicasoside, Cica, Madecasosside, TECA, or Tiger Grass.
It’s widely popular skincare ingredients that almost every Korean skincare brand have their own product with this ingredient. But what’s the reason behind one of the staple ingredients in Korean skincare?
What does it do?
Centella is known for its healing properties but this small plant is full of amazing benefits not for your skin but also for your hair!
Benefits for Skin
- Locks in moisture
- Anti Acne
- Improve Skin Elasticity
- Skin Healing
- Soothe and relieves irritated skin
- Strengthen skin barrier
- PURITO Centella Green Level Recovery Cream
- Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream
- PURITO Centella Green Level Buffet Serum
- PURITO Centella Green Level Calming Toner
- PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun
- PURITO Centella Green Level Unscented Sun
- SOMEBYMI AHA-BHA-PHA-Centella 70% 30 Days Miracle Cream
- COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner
- CENTELLIAN24 MADECA CREAM
- COSRX Centella Blemish Cream
Benefits for Hair and Scalp
- Prevents Hair Loss
- Helps with Hair Growth
- Soothe Scalp
- Softer and Shiny Hair
- Gentle care for damaged hair