Hair Care 101: Washing Habits, what’s best for your hair.
Hair Care 101: Washing Habits, what’s best for your hair
Is washing your hair everyday bad for you?
How many times should I wash my hair? That’s the question. To put it simply, wash your hair based on your hair/scalp condition and your lifestyle.
If you have a dry scalp or hair, washing 2-3 times a week will be ideal. Since your scalp takes longer to produce natural oils, washing it frequently can remove the natural sebum and oil which are essential for a healthy scalp and hair.
If you have an oily scalp, washing every day or every other day is better. Since your scalp tends to produce natural sebum or oil faster, dirt and other particles tend to stick to your hair. Washing off your hair will prevent you from having dandruff, pimples on the scalp.
Another factor to consider is your lifestyle. If you are an active person like into sports, works in the field, your hair is more exposed to dirt and harmful UV rays. Washing it every day will help to keep your scalp and hair clean but never overdo shampoo and always don’t forget to use conditioner to compensate for the loss of moisture.
If in any case, you can’t last a day without washing your hair better to do it at night before sleeping. Your scalp naturally produces sebum and oil in the morning, so washing it in that time will interrupt the process leading to more brittle and dry hair.
Here are a few things you should take note of:
Poor Washing Habits
- Using an excessive amount of shampoo
- Applying shampoo immediately after wetting or rinsing the hair
- Applying shampoo directly to your hair or scalp
Proper Washing Habits
- Massaging your scalp while shampooing
- Changing posture or angle while washing
- Using body temperature water when washing your hair
- Apply treatment or conditioner on hair only, not on the scalp
- Do not dry your hair with a blow drier frequently. It is best to dry your hair naturally.
- Apply hair essence or serum before blow-drying
- Dry your scalp first
Bad Hair Care Habits
- Wearing the same hair parting for a long time
- Ironing wet hair
- Keeping your hair in a bun or ponytail most of the time
- Coloring your hair frequently
What are the best products for your hair?
Finding the best product can be very stressful which can also result in hair loss. But don’t worry beauty, Here are the top ingredients you should look for finding the right products for you.
Argan Oil - there is a lot of hair products that contain argan but what does it do?
- Helps fight dandruff
- Tame frizzy and dry hair
- Promotes hair growth
- Rich in Vit E, fatty acids, squalene, and antioxidants
Nature Republic ARGAN Essential Moist Hair MIST
MiseEnScene Perfect Hair Serum
Centella- it’s not just for face dear, centella is versatile ingredients that also do wonders on the scalp and hair.
- Strengthening the hair
- Decrease hair loss
- Promotes hair growth
- Protects dry and brittle hair
- Healthy scalp
Keratin- no need to spend a fortune in the salon when you can have Keratin treatment every day in the comfort of your home.
- Smoother and easier to manage hair
- Resist hair damage
- Joined split ends
Leave a comment